Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake
Rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake with a hint of stout beer which works surprisingly well with the chocolate.
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ⁄4 cup Guinness Irish Stout
- Powdered sugar to garnish
Preparation time 35mins
Combine cookie crumbs, 2 tablespoons (1/8 cup) of sugar, cocoa powder, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. Press into 9-inch nonstick springform pan.
In a microwave-safe container, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Microwave 1 minute, stirring halfway through. Continue stirring to complete melting.
In a standing mixer, mix softened cream cheese. Add remaining sugar and eggs, mix again. Add melted chocolate, mix again. Add sour cream, dash of salt, vanilla, and Guinness. Mix once more.
Pour cream cheese mixture onto the cookie crumb crust.
Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 50 minutes. Leave in the oven with door ajar for another 50 minutes. Chill at least four hours.
Once cool, use a shamrock stencil and powdered sugar to create a shamrock shape on the top. Serve cake cool, and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Bacon Onion Dip 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Noodle Kugel 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Breakfast Yogurt Sundae 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Coconut Chicken & Sweet Potato Stew 5/5 (3 Votes)
- White Chocolate Snack Mix 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Columbian Hot Chocolate with Cheese 5/5 (3 Votes)
- The Best Cheesecake Ever 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Vaselopita Greek New Year's Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)