Ginger-Lemon Cod with Roasted Broccoli & Rice
Ginger-Lemon Cod with Roasted Broccoli and Rice is the perfect complete meal any day of the week or to impress that special someone with on any date night in. This recipe pairs well with your favorite beer or white wine and a lightly dressed side salad to start. If you have a sweet tooth, end this meal with a creamy vanilla custard tart or just some sweet vanilla ice cream.
- 1-pound broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to taste, divided
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt, plus more to taste, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 (6 to 7-ounce) box rice pilaf
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 lemons, cut into wheels
- 2-pounds cod, divided into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup parsley
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from delish.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Line sheet pan with parchment paper. Cut broccoli into florets and add to a sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook rice pilaf according to package instructions.
In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon oil, ginger, garlic, lemon wheels, and 1 teaspoon salt; set aside. In a large cast-iron or nonstick pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Season cod generously with salt to taste.
When the oil is almost smoking, add fish and sear for 5 minutes and move to the side, leaving extra room in the pan. Add ginger-lemon mixture to the pan and saute sauce until lemon wheels have become golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add white wine and 1/4 cup of parsley until a sauce begins to form, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over fish.
Add rice to the pan and let cook until sauce is fully absorbed. Top with roasted broccoli and garnish with parsley.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Herb Encrusted Tilapia 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Stewed White Beans, Kale & Sausage 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry Custard Pie 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash - Microwave Method 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE CARAMEL NUT APPLE PIE 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp Pad Thai with Daikon Noodles 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Potato Crusted Cod 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Yellow Salad with Citrus-Date... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)