Spicy Pork and Spinach Dumplings with Soy Dipping Sauce
- 1 tsp. plus 1 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 c. baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cornstarch
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 28 dumpling or wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (green parts only)
Adapted from delish.com
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook spinach until wilted, 2 minutes. Drain, squeeze dry, and coarsely chop. Place in refrigerator for 5 minutes to cool.
In a medium bowl, mix together pork, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and cornstarch. Stir in chopped spinach. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle flour on a baking sheet and arrange dumpling wrappers on top. Drop 1 teaspoon of pork filling in center of each wonton wrapper. One by one, brush edges of the wonton wrappers with a bit of water. Fold them in half and gently pinch the edges together, then crimp. Transfer finished dumplings to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Continue wrapping and crimping dumplings and cover them with moist paper towels so they don’t dry out.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place half the dumplings in skillet and sear until nicely browned, about 1 minute. Tip dumplings over and add ½ cup water; place lid on dumplings and let steam until skillet is dry, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cook remaining dumplings.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
Serve dumplings, garnished with green onions, with dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- Cod Puttanesca 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp Bruschetta with Limoncello 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Stuffed Portobellos with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut Rice 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grated Potato and Cheese Omelette 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice with Fresh Chorizo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Healthy Kale Egg Breakfast Cups 4.5/5 (4 Votes)