Sweet and Spicy Apricot Chicken
- 2 bags Success® White Rice, Success® Jasmine Rice or Success® Basmati Rice
- 2 Tbsps olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (16 oz.) broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut in matchstick strips
- 2 Tbsps light soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
Adapted from successrice.com
Prepare rice according to package directions.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Lightly season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pan. Stir frequently to break up chicken and cook until completely done, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside. Turn heat to medium-high and add remaining oil. Add broccoli slaw and carrots; sauté for about 3 minutes. Push vegetables aside and add soy sauce, spices, preserves and water to skillet. Stir in chicken, bring to boil and simmer to heat through.
Place rice in serving dish, make large well in center and pour chicken mixture into well.