Scalloped Potatoes Western Style
- 6 large brown potatoes, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Butter (not margarine)
- 3/4 cup0 flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 5-6 cups milk (whole or 2%)
- 1.5 lb. Velveeta, cubed
- 1 lb. pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1-2 lb. cooked ham, cubed
generously Butter a large baking dish.
place half the sliced potatoes into the buttered baking dish.
in saucepan melt 1/2 cup butter.
stir flour into melted butter, simmering steadily.
add salt and pepper to taste.
slowly stir milk into simmering butter mixture making a thin gravy.
add velveeta, stirring constantly
when velveeta is completely melted, poor half of the mixture over potatoes.
place cubed ham evenly throughought the baking dish over the potatoes and cheese. sprinkle half of the pepper jack over the ham.
repeat the potato cheese mixture and pepper jack layers
bake at 375* foe approx. 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Tomato Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Amaretto-Cranberry Kiss Cocktail 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cauliflower Cheddar Fritters... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Porcini-Crusted Cod with... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Baked Greek Shrimp With Tomatoes... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Loaded Baked Potato Quiche 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- 3 Crab Salad with Lemon Dressing 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pan Seared Scallops with an... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)