Cucumber-Yogurt Salad With Mint
- 3 medium cucumbers peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 container plain yogurt - (8 oz)
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Place cucumbers in colander. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand 15 minutes. Rinse cucumbers. Drain on paper towels.
Combine mint, garlic, and oregano in large bowl. Stir in yogurt and cream. Add cucumber and stir to coat. Season with pepper. Refrigerate until chilled. (Can be prepared 5 hours ahead.)
This recipe yields 6 servings.