Italian Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 12 oz Elbow Macaroni
- 6 TBSP Butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 3/4 cup White Wine
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 12 oz Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Parmesan, shredded
- Fresh Basil for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from annsentitledlife.com
Preheat oven to 400˚.
• In a Dutch oven cook the macaroni until al dente and drain the macaroni in a colander.
• Return the empty Dutch oven to the stove top, and over low heat melt the butter.
• Increase heat to medium, add the flour and cook 2 minutes whisking constantly.
• Raise the heat to medium high and slowly whisk in the milk a ½ cup at a time. Whisk until smooth after each addition.
• Keep whisking until it starts to simmer, continue whisking, and slowly whisk in the wine.
• Add the ground mustard, salt, garlic powder, pepper, oregano and basil; whisk to combine.
• Add the cheeses a handful at a time whisking until the cheese completely melts between each addition.
• Add the al dente macaroni and stir to combine.
• Pour the mixture into a greased 13″x9″ pan and bake at 400˚ until bubbly and browned, 15-20 minutes.
• Serve hot garnished with chopped fresh Basil.