- pastry for 1 double crust 9-inch pie
- 1 C cooked, cubed beef
- 1 small potato, peeled, diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 C gavy
- 1 Tbsp steak sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix all filling ingredients
- Roll out 6.5 inch pastry circles
- Divide filling equally among the circles. Brush edges of pastry with a little water.
- For each pastry, bring up two sides above the filling, pinch together. Crimp pastry to make a wavy edge on the upper surface. Brush with egg or milk, if desired.
- Place on a lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 425 degree F oven for 15 min, reduce heat to 350 degrees F for 30 min.
- Serve hot or cold