- 1/4 c unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c smooth or crunchy natural almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 quinoa flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c semisweet chocolate ships
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 95mins
Adapted from eatingwell.com
1. Preheat oven to 350'. Line 8" square baking pan with parchment paper (or foil) allowing it to slightly overhang opposite ends. Coat with cooking spray.
2. Beat butter and almond butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk quinoa flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it, 25 to 35 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool in the pan for 45 minutes. Using the parchment, lift the whole panful out and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 24 squares. Let cool completely before storing.