Couscous with Apples and Onion
- 2 C pearl couscous
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 Fuji apple, diced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C evoo
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Heat 3+ cups water to a boil and keep to the side.
2. Sauté red onion with evoo over medium-high heat until fragrant.
3. Add couscous and stir well.
4. Add 2 1/2 C boiling water, set temperature to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine cider vinegar, honey, evoo and cinnamon to taste. Mix well. Tweak ingredients to taste.
6. Once couscous is done add a little bit of the sauce at a time until flavor is at desired level. May only use half of sauce.
7. Add scallions and apples, mix and let set.
You'll also love
- Roasted chicken with potatoes,... 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Belly Carnitas 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Peach Salad & Mint Pesto 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Bean Dip 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Shrimp & Avocado Taco Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- APPLE AND AVOCADO SALSA WITH... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sophia Loren's Pasta Sauce 4.5/5 (4 Votes)