Couscous with Apples and Onion
- 2 C pearl couscous
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 1 Fuji apple, diced
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp evoo
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 C evoo
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Heat 3+ cups water to a boil and keep to the side.
2. Sauté red onion with evoo over medium-high heat until fragrant.
3. Add couscous and stir well.
4. Add 2 1/2 C boiling water, set temperature to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine cider vinegar, honey, evoo and cinnamon to taste. Mix well. Tweak ingredients to taste.
6. Once couscous is done add a little bit of the sauce at a time until flavor is at desired level. May only use half of sauce.
7. Add scallions and apples, mix and let set.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (677 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)