Chicken Pot Pie
ar demo gaz
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (1/2 pkg)
- 5 T butter,divided
- 1/4 c plus 2 T flour
- 5 c chicken broth, heated and divided
- 1/2 t salt, if needed
- 1 # chicken breast meat,cooked
- 1/4 c leek (white part), washed and sliced thin
- 1/2 c carrots, cut in 1/4" dice
- 1/2 c cooked peas (frozen is fine)
- 1 (8.75 oz) can sweet whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
Heat oven 425.cut sheet of puff pastry to fit 4 casseroles. Bake on silpat 10 min til brown. Cool on wire rack.
Melt 4 1/2 T butter in med pot over med heat. Add flour and stir to make a roux, whisking to completely coat the flour with the butter. Gradually whisk in 3c hot chicken broth, whisking constantly. Cook til velvet smooth. Taste,and add salt if necessary. keep warm.
Dice chicken. Keep warm in 2c hot broth
Melt 1/2T butter in med pan over med heat. Add carrots and leeks and cook til tender, about 7 min. Add peas and corn and cook til heated.
Combine all (take chick out of 2c broth. save for another use. Divide filling among 4 casseroles, top with pasty and serve immediately.