Spaghetti & Cheese Snack Pie
An easy, economical, cheesy and tasty snack reminiscent of macaroni & cheese, but you can eat it with your hands
- 1 pound cooked spaghetti, cooked in salty water and cooled
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese (or any other cheese that you think might be tasty and that you have in your pantry/refrigerator. Think Macaroni and Cheese)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed Red Pepper (or Chipotle Chile Pepper if you like a little smoky flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme (optional)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 slices American cheese
- additional shredded cheese, finish salt, chopped basil and red pepper flakes for garnish
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from callhimyeschef.com
Mix the cooled spaghetti, grated cheeses, spices and herbs and eggs together in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Divide mixture in half and place half the mixture in another bowl for the second pie.
Add 2 TB. oil to a medium nonstick saute pan (I use the smaller Magefesa frittata pans because it makes it very easy to flip and covering the pie with the other pan helps the cheese to melt) and heat to medium heat. Once hot, add half of one bowl of the spaghetti mixture to the pan and flatten it out to the edges.
Lay 5 pieces American cheese on top and then add the rest of the first bowl of spaghetti mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes and flip, cooking for another 5 minutes on the other side until golden brown. (I covered the one pan with the other while the pie was cooking to make the cheese melty and then flipped the pans upside down. If you do cover the pans, turn down the heat to low-medium low and cook a little longer than 5 minutes on each side.)
Turn out onto a cutting board, let rest for about 4-5 minutes and slice as you would a pizza and serve with additional grated cheese, if you like.
Make another one just like the one above.