Crock Pot - Style Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
- 1 ⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, fried & crumbled
- cheese, for sprinkling
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 300mins
Combine first seven ingredients in a large crock pot; cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potato should be tender).
Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened.
Stir in cream, cheese and chives.
Top with sour cream (if used), sprinkle with bacon and more cheese.
You'll also love
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Crispy Baked Macaroni & Cheese 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Banana Date Bread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Oatmeal Honey Raisin Cookies 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Deviled Eggs with Crispy Shallot... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Corn Nuts 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato Bacon Cheddar Tart 3.9/5 (44 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)