DEEP FRIED LASAGNA
- 10 Lasagna Noodles, Cooked until al Dente
- 1 15 Ounce Container Ricotta Cheese
- 4 Eggs, Beaten and Divided
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, Finely Chopped (Optional)
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Italian Breadcrumbs
- Vegetable Oil, For Frying
- Marinara Sauce, For Serving If Desired
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 32mins
Adapted from bakingbeauty.net
Cook lasagna noodles in a pot of salted boiling water according to the package directions for al dente. Grease baking sheet, set aside.
Place noodles flat onto prepared pan.
In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese egg, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until combined.
Spread ricotta mixture evenly over all 10 noodles. Fold each noodle 3-4 times until it resembles a square. Freeze for 30-45 minutes.
Set up 3 small bowls containing the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs. Dip square noodles into flour, eggs, and finally breadcrumbs.
Heat around 1½ inches of oil in a deep skillet. Heat over medium heat until oil reaches ~350 degrees F. You'll know it's ready when a drop of water sizzles with you add it to the pan.
Add lasagna bites 3-4 at a time into the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all are cooked.
Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.