Apple Shortbread Bars
I love these apple bars with a cold glass of milk! They really are amazing and fairly easy to prepare.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Crunch Pak apple slices, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup quick cook oats
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from shugarysweets.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar. Add 2 cup flour, salt and vanilla until combined. Press into a 13×9-inch baking dish.
In a mixing bowl, using your hands, combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, 2 tablespoons butter, cinnamon and oats. Mix until coarse crumbles. Add diced apples (you want to make sure your apples are diced very very small. Sprinkle mixture over top of crust. Bake for about 25 minutes (crust may appear to be under cooked, that’s okay).
Cool on counter, then move to refrigerator for at least 2 hours until chilled.
Cut bars into squares (or triangles). In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients together until smooth. Drizzle over cut bars. Glaze will harden slightly in fridge. Enjoy!
Keep bars covered loosely in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
You'll also love
- The Ultimate Oatmeal Raisin Cookie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Pancakes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Sloppy Joe Casserole 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Best Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Mini Caramel Apple Streusel... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Pie in a Jar 4.5/5 (13 Votes)