This beef stew is easy to make in your slow-cooker, the rich flavors come from pre-packed spice mixes and cooking this meal slowly over a long period of time to intensify its meaty flavors. Serve on its own, or for something more decadent, serve over rice or mashed potatoes. Include your favorite loaf of bread or a side salad, lightly dressed, to round-out this hearty meal.
- 1 (3-pound) beef roast or chuck roast
- 1 envelope dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope dry Ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 envelope dry brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using. Now add and mix the dry Italian salad dressing mix, the dry Ranch salad dressing mix, and the dry brown gravy mix into the water. Mix until blended completely.
Add the canola oil to a preheated skillet set on high heat, when the oil shimmers, brown the roast on all sides. Add the meat to your slow-cooker.
Pour the water and salad dressing mixture over the roast. In the slow-cooker, cook roast on high for about 4 hours or on low about 8 hours. Serve.
You'll also love
- Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese... 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Belgium Beef Stew 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Pot Pie with... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Cranberry Glazed... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Skillet Green Bean Casserole 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli Butternut... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato... 4/5 (8 Votes)