Macaroni and Cheese (with cream)
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup buttered breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions
3. In a large saucepan, melt butter.
4. Add flour mixed with salt and pepper, using a whisk to stir until well blended.
5. Pour milk and cream in gradually, stirring constantly.
6. Bring to boiling point and boil 2 minutes (stirring constantly).
7. Reduce heat and cook (stirring constantly) 10 minutes.
8. Add shredded cheddar little by little and simmer an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese melts.
9. Turn off burner and add macaroni to the saucepan, toss to coat with the cheese sauce.
10. Transfer macaroni to a buttered baking dish and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
11. Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.