Bowtie Pasta with Sausage and Escarole
- 6 oz uncooked pasta, bowties (about 3 cups) (18 Points)
- 1/4 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta (0 Points)
- 1 tsp olive oil (1 Points)
- 8 oz uncooked turkeys sausage(s), hot Italian variety, casings removed (8 Points)
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped (0 Points)
- 4 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), sliced (0 Points)
- 8 cup(s) escarole, roughly chopped in bite-size pieces (about 1 head) (0 Points)
- 3/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, fire-roasted
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano recommended
Cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions; drain pasta and return to pot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook, breaking up sausage as it cooks, until sausage is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, escarole and broth to skillet; cook, stirring often, until escarole is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Spoon sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; sprinkle with red pepper flakes (if desired).
Serving size: 1 1/2 c pasta-vegetable mixture and 2 tsp cheese
You'll also love
- Noodle Kugel 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Apple Pie with Bergamot Marmalade 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Grouper Steamed in Parchment with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Roasted Green Beans with Goat... 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Beef & Broccoli Kebabs 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken Cutlets with Ham &... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach-Curry Crepes with Apple,... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Tofu Pesto Pasta 5/5 (3 Votes)