Roasted Red Pepper Sauce III
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or thyme
1. Roast the red peppers. Place peppers on a lightly greased broiler pan and broil, turning occasionally, until blackened all over, about 15 minutes. Place the peppers in a large paper bag, close tight and let cool for 20 minutes.
2. Peel the peppers, remove the seeds and the cores and rinse well. Place the peppers in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
3. In a large frying pan, heat the butter and saute the garlic over medium heat until soft. Add the pepper puree and mix well. Lower the heat and gradually stir in heavy cream. Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the basil or thyme. Serve immediately or keep in refrigerator for 3 days.