Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Super easy and delicious pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon. The key to success is securing the bacon with toothpicks (through the sides, parallel to the work surface) and being patient in order to get a good sear.
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 4 slices bacon cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 apple, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 70mins
To make the stuffing melt the butter in a large saucepan and saute the onion and celery for 3 minutes, until slightly tender.
Stir in the apple. fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often. until the apples are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated.
Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs. Cut the tenderloins lengthwise but do not cut right through: the meat should open like a book.
Between sheets of waxed paper. Lightly pound the meat with a cleaver or rolling pin to flatten slightly.
Spread the stuffing down the cut side of the meat.
Fold the narrow ends of the tenderloins into the stuffing and fold the sides together, gently shaping into a round shape.
Wrap the bacon slices around the outside and secure with metal skewers or string. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
Bake in a preheated 325°F oven for about 50 minutes or until the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
You'll also love
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Paprika Chicken & Rice Bake 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey Florentine Stuffed Cabbage... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Tuscan Style Stuffed Pork Chops 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Pesto Deviled Eggs 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Mini Mummy Pizzas 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Garlic-Herb... 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin and Mushroom Stew... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)