- This recipe came from our daughter, Theresa Renee Mullen Yu, in 1988. She got it when teaching Sunday School and now she can make it for her own children.
- 1/2 C. Flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
- 1 T. Sugar
- 3 T. Shortening
- 1 Egg, (well beaten)
- 1/3 C. Milk
- 3/4 C. Bran Flakes or Raisin Bran Cereal
1. Sift Flour. Add Baking Powder, Salt, and Sugar, stirring to mix well.
2. Cut in shortening. Combine Egg and Milk, and add to Flour mixture.
3. Add Cereal and mix well. Spoon into muffin cups. Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 20 minutes.
4. Makes six large or twelve small muffins.