Spicy Squid Salad
This delicious squid salad comes together quickly! Squid is lightly charred on the grill and tossed with cherry tomatoes, basil, fresh chiles and spicy garlic. Yum!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely grated
- 1 pound squid (bodies and tentacles), cleaned
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1/2 cup shallot, peeled and julienned
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 fresh hot chile pepper (such as serrano, Fresno or jalapeño), cut into thin rounds
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup purslane with tender stems
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted peanuts, lightly crushed
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from tastingtable.com
In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the olive oil and garlic. Add the squid and toss. Set aside for at least 30 minutes or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-high heat. When ready to cook the squid, season it with salt. Grill the squid, turning occasionally, until it's lightly charred and cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes for the bodies and 3 to 4 minutes for the tentacles. Transfer the squid to a cutting board and cut the bodies into 1/2-inch rings.
Toss the squid with the vinegar, lime juice and zest. Add the shallots, cherry tomatoes, fresh chile, cilantro, purslane, basil and peanuts, and toss. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, chile and lime juice if needed. Serve.
You'll also love
- One Skillet Sausage & White Bean... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Spinach Dip Wreath 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna with Herb Butter (SP... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Pasta, with... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Shrimp and Leeks 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Ojingeo Bokkeum (Korean Spicy... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Risotto with Squid 4.5/5 (2 Votes)