Dark Chocolate Macaron Cake
This decadent Dark Chocolate Macaron Cake is a definite showstopper! Serve this up for your Valentines dinner and everyone will feel the love. Best of all it's super easy to make and assemble. Shhh... you don't have to let them know.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon cream tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped fine
- 1 pint raspberries
- Unsweetened whipped cream, for serving
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 240mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a straight-sided baking sheet with parchment
In a food processor, combine the almond meal, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Process for 30 seconds to make a very fine mixture. Set aside.
Using a hand-held mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites on medium speed until beginning to stiffen, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the cream of tartar, and continue beating, slowly adding in the sugar. Beat on medium speed until glossy and stiff peaks form, an additional 1 1/2 minutes--be careful not to over-whip. In 3 additions, fold the dry ingredients into the egg white mixture, just until combined and no streaks remain.
Divide the batter evenly into 2 rounds on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until dry on top and slightly puffed, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the baking sheet.
Meanwhile, heat the heavy cream, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around the edges. Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl and pour the cream over the chocolate. Let sit for 3 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the chocolate and refrigerate until firm but spreadable, about 1 hour.
Spread the ganache on the flat side of each cake layer. Line raspberries in circles on top of the ganache. Top with the remaining cake. Wrap with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours. Slice and serve with a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream.
You'll also love
- 7-Ingredient Zuppa Toscana 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Sausage Tortellini - Instant Pot 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- Boiled Eggs in an Instant Pot 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Barbecue Deviled Eggs 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Rosemary Roasted Nuts 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Bars 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Best Ever Carrot Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Chocolate Caramel Mason Jar Lid... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)