HG Pizza-fied Chicken 2.0
Entire recipe: 272 calories, 8.5g total fat (3.5g sat fat), 633mg sodium, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, 2.5g sugars, 40.5g protein
PointsPlus® value 6*
SmartPoints® value 5*
- 5 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlet
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 3 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices turkey pepperoni (optional: roughly chopped)
- Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
- Optional toppings: crushed red pepper, fresh oregano
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Evenly pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 - 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
Meanwhile, to make the sauce, combine these ingredients in a small bowl: crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, and onion powder. If you like, add salt and pepper. Mix well.
While still in the skillet, top chicken with sauce, and sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoni.
Cover and cook for 2 minutes, or until sauce is hot and cheese has melted.