Moist Pumpkin Bread
Moist pumpkin bread drizzled with a brown sugar glaze sprinkled with chopped pecans. Yum!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ⁄3 cup water
- 1 (15-ounce) pumpkin puree
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 ⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 ⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from howtocookguide.com
In a medium size bowl beat eggs and mix with sugar, oil, water and pumpkin.
In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients only until just blended. Do NOT over mix. Pour into a greased and floured loaf pan. This bread fits perfectly in an 8.5 x 4.5-inch loaf pan. Bake in a 325°F oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
In a small saucepan mix butter, brown sugar and milk. Boil only 2 1/2 minutes while stirring constantly. Immediately drizzle on top of loaf. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and press pecans lightly into topping. Wrap and store until next day for serving. This will keep moisture inside. It is ok if bread “sweats” while wrapped.
You'll also love
- Hot Apple Fritters 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Cookies 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Salted S’mores Truffles 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Potatoes , Roasted 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Prepare to Be Fooled by These... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Chocolate Swirl Cake with... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Candy Apple Pie 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Creamy Rich Chocolate Caramels... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)