Chocolate Bread Pudding II
- 2 cups milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 3 cups fresh coarse white breadcrumbs
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick) melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter 10-cup souffle dish. Scald milk in heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Place breadcrumbs in large bowl; pour chocolate mixture over.
Whisk eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Whisk in cream and Kahlua. Pour over breadcrumbs mixture and stir to combine. Transfer to prepared souffle dish. Bake until pudding puffs up and center is almost set, about 1 hour. Serve warm.
This recipe yields 6 servings.