- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme crumbled
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/3 cup canned cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 4 boned skinned chicken breast halves
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and thyme and saute until soft, about 4 minutes. Add wine and cook until reduced by half. Add soup and half-and-half and stir until heated.
Meanwhile, melt remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat chicken dry. Season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until springy to touch, turning occasionally, about 7 minutes. Transfer to plates. Spoon sauce over.
This recipe yields 4 servings.