The sweet treat is the perfect ending to any family gathering or holiday meal. This Noodle Kugel travels well so it is the perfect potluck dish and it is perfect to travel with during any holiday season. Laced with cinnamon, fresh apples, and nutmeg, this dessert has all the fall flavors you're craving.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing baking dish
- coarse salt to taste
- 1-pound wide egg noodles, about 2 cups
- 6 large Nature's Promise Eggs Natural Fresh Grade A with Omega 3
- 2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) package cream cheese, about 1 1/2 cups, brought to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 tablespoons cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles; cook until al dente according to package instructions, about 6 minutes. Drain noodles; return to pot. Set aside.
Put eggs and sour cream into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined. Mix in 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup butter, and the cream cheese. Set aside.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in 2 tablespoons sugar, the cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add apples; gently toss to coat. Cook, tossing occasionally, until soft and caramelized, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir apples into egg mixture; pour over noodles. Toss gently to combine. Pour into prepared dish. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons butter over noodles; sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
Bake until set and top is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Mix topping ingredient together and sprinkle evenly over the top, then bake for an additional 10 minutes.Transfer to a wire rack; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Apple Pie with Bergamot Marmalade 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Grouper Steamed in Parchment with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Barayaki 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Breakfast Yogurt Sundae 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Honey-Pecan Kiwi Salad Recipe 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Spinach-Curry Crepes with Apple,... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Tofu Pesto Pasta 5/5 (3 Votes)
- White Chocolate Snack Mix 5/5 (3 Votes)