Luscious Lemon Brownies
A creamy, satiny smooth bright and fresh lemon glaze smother these scrumptious, luscious lemon brownies. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- TART LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 rounded cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 teaspoons lemon zest
Adapted from beckycharms.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease/Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter/cooking spray and set aside.
Zest and juice two lemons; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Pour into baking dish and bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not over bake, or the bars will be dry.
When brownies are cooled completely, make the glaze...sift the powdered sugar, add lemon zest and juice, and whisk together all three ingredients. Spread 1/2 the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula. Let glaze set.
Spread the remaining glaze over the bars, and let it set. This glaze does not harden like most. Cut into bars, and serve!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (674 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (398 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)