Cheese-Stuffed Tater Tots
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns, thawed
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 3 eggs
- brick of cheddar cheese, cut into small, rectangular cubes
- vegetable oil, for frying
Combine thawed hash browns, flour, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl. Take a piece of cheese and wrap a palmful of the mixture around it, shaping it into a tot (you may have to squeeze out some excess moisture to make it nice and tight).
Fill a large, deep skillet halfway with oil and heat over medium. When the oil is hot, drop in some tots, turning them along the way until they're crispy and golden brown. Let cool a bit, then enjoy!