Bacon Clam Chowder
- 1/4 cup Swanson chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 small leek, cleaned, trimmed, and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Land O’ Lakes butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 – 10 oz cans of fancy whole baby clams, drained
- 2 cups clam juice
- 1 lb thick cut bacon, cooked crisp, and crumbled
- 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Land O’ Lakes heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
Heat slow cooker on low setting.
To slow cooker, add chicken stock, garlic, shallot, leek, celery, onions, butter, and salt and pepper. Cover, and cook vegetables on low for 1 hour.
To the slow cooker, add clams, clam juice and bacon.
Add cream cheese, heavy cream, garlic powder and thyme. Continue mixing until there are no visible clumps of cream cheese and all ingredients are well incorporated.
Cover and cook for 6-8 hours.