Lighter lemon Bars
Weight Watcher Bars
Serving one bar 6 points
- 3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 tsp cold water
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 400. Coat a 9 inch square backing pan with non stick spray.
2. To make crust, stir together flour, sugar, salt, and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with butter and water; press d ought with a fork until small clumps form and mixture is moist. Press into a bottom of pan;bake until crust begins to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350.
3. Meanwhile, prepare topping. Stir together egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
4. In another large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
5. Gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture until. Combines; pour over crust and bake 20 minutes. Let cool. Completely before slicing into 12 pieces . Sprinkle with powdered sugar and raspberries before serving.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)