Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cubed
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
1. In a pot, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, then set aside.
2. In the same pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté 2 garlic cloves. Add chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper, and fully cook. Remove cooked chicken from pot and set aside.
3. In the same pot, pour the chicken broth, then add asparagus, salt, pepper, and the remaining garlic and stir. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add cooked chicken, penne, ¼ cup olive oil, parmesan, and tomatoes, and stir until fully incorporated and the cheese has melted.
5. Serve while hot.