- 3 lbs beef chunk roast
- 32 oz container low sodium beef broth, plus 1/4 cup, divided
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce — if not it will be too salty
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste
- The juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (I used 1 cup shiitake caps and 1 cup baby bella)
- 1 pack Chinese-style noodles (Chuka Soba)
- Cilantro, sliced green onions, jalapeños, lime wedges, nori (seaweed), etc. for garnish
1. Add the chunk roast, 32 oz beef broth, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, chili garlic paste, lime juice and brown sugar to your slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
3. Remove the beef from your slow cooker and break into chunks/shred.
4. Turn your slow cooker to high and return the meat to the slow cooker. Add the mushrooms, cover, and cook for 10 more minutes on high.
5. Add the noodles, cover, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the noodles are soft and cooked through. Stir in the remaining ¼ cup beef broth and cook for an additional minute or so.
Spoon into bowls and top with whatever additional garnishes you desire.