Garlic-Rosemary Lamb Pita
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb, made into 8 meatballs
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped seeded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mix together rosemary, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and lamb. Add lamb meat balls mixture to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until done.
While lamb cooks, combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, cucumber, lemon juice, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and yogurt. Divide lamb mixture evenly among each of 4 pitas, and drizzle with sauce.