- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 corn tortillas (8-inch)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups sliced button mushrooms (8-oz)
- 1 recipe Mini-Bacon Meatballs, thawed
- Salt, black pepper, and fresh lime juice to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, torn
- Sour Cream
Saute onion in oil in a large pot over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes
Add garlic and chili powdere; cook 1 mihute.
Add broth, water, tortillas, and 1/2 cup tomatoes. Simmer soup 5 minutes.
Puree soup in a blender and return to pot. Skim off any tomato skins and add remaining tomatoes, corn, mushrooms, and meatballs. Simmer soup over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
Season soup eith salt, pepper and lime juice,
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish each serving with cilantro and sour cream.