Brown Butter Shrimp with Spicy Broccoli Rabe
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. broccoli rabe, trimmed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 c. chopped parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from delish.com
Bring an 8-quart stock pot of water to a boil and generously season with salt. Cook broccoli rabe for 4 minutes. Set up a bowl of cold water with ice cubes. Drain broccoli rabe and rinse under cold water; transfer to ice bath.
In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and pepper; set aside.
In a large sauté pan add butter and heat over medium-low heat. Warm until color begins to brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add 2 cloves minced garlic and stir until butter is golden; turn heat to medium-high. Add half of the shrimp and cook until pink, 2 minutes per side; transfer to a clean bowl. Cook remaining shrimp and transfer to bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove minced garlic, and chili flakes to the same sauté pan, stir for 1 minute. Toss in drained broccoli rabe until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve shrimp on bed of broccoli rabe. Garnish with parsley and sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Cocktail 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Grilled Sea Bass with Blackberry... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sautéed Asparagus, Peppers and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken Skillet with Sweet... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Margarita-Marinated Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp, Tomato, and Bocconcini... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Penne, Broccoli and Bacon Alfredo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)