Creamy Parmesan Tomato & Spinach Tortellini Soup
A comforting creamy parmesan tomato and spinach cheese tortellini soup. This tasty soup is super easy to make and it only takes about 30 minutes so it is perfect for busy weeknight meals!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 435, Fat 18.5g (Saturated 9.2g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 746mg, Carbs 54.8g (Fiber 5.8g, Sugars 8.7g), Protein 16.5g
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup flour (rice flour for gluten free)
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 10 ounces spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy/whipping cream or Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
Add the flour and cook for another minute. Add the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste and tortellini, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the tortellini is tender, about 10 minutes.
Add the parmesan, let it melt, add the spinach, let it wilt, add the cream, season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat before adding the basil.
Puree some or all of the diced tomatoes. (I like to puree half of them.)
Add 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken or 8 ounces of cooked Italian sausage to make it even heartier.
Replace the fresh basil with 2 tablespoons basil pesto.
You'll also love
- Cranberry-Orange Scones 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Maruya (Banana Fritters 3.9/5 (11 Votes)
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Zucchini... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Supreme Pasta Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut Curry Lentil Soup with... 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- PASTA - Creamy Garlic Herb... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Cheesy Corn Casserole 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- The Perfect Lettuce Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)