Loaded Mashed Potato Balls
These delicious bite-sized snacks filled with bacon, cheese, chives, and other tasty seasonings are the perfect way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups vegetable oil, or more, as needed
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from damndelicious.net
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, cheese, chives, cayenne pepper and bacon.
Using a small cookie scoop, roll the mixture into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch balls, forming about 25.
Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
Working in batches, add balls to the Dutch oven and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan, if desired.
You'll also love
- Easy Homemade Bread 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- ANCHO-RUBBED PRIME RIB STEAKS WITH... 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Cucumber 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Squares 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Russian Green Bean and Potato Soup 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Southern Green Beans and New... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake 4.5/5 (33 Votes)