Cinnamon Rolls with Cake Mix
- 1 1 1 package yellow cake mix
- 5 5 5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 2 oz) packages 2 (1/4 oz) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 2 1/2 1/2 cups hot water
- softened butter or margarine (as desired)
- cinnamon and sugar (as desired)
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1 1 cup chopped nuts
Adapted from google.com
Grease two 13x9x2 inch pans.
Combine cake mix, flour and yeast in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Stir in hot water. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hour or until doubled.
Divide dough in half. Roll half the dough into large rectangle on floured surface. Spread with generous amount of softened butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Roll up jelly-roll fashion and cut into 12 slices.
Place rolls in one pan. Repeat with remaining dough. Cover and let rise for 30 to 40 minutes, or until doubled.
Combine melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and nuts & pour evenly over rolls.
Bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cool completely.
For a special touch, place 1 cup powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add 1 to 2 tablespoon water, stirring until smooth and desired consistency. Drizzle over baked rolls