- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- Two 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- One 46-ounce bottle or can tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 or 2 tablespoons chicken base, or 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup sherry, optional
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
To begin, dice the onion. Melt the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven. Throw in the onion and cook until translucent.
Now dump in the diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Add the tomato juice.
Next add sugar and add bouillon
Add lots of freshly ground black pepper and sherry. Stir to combine, then heat almost to a boil. Then turn off the heat.
Stir in the cream. Add the basil and parsley.