Guajillo and Tomatillo Salsa
- 3 cups water
- 6 guajillo chiles, stemmed, deveined and seeded
- 1 cup water
- 1 roasted garlic clove, peeled
- 1 oz roasted white onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 9 oz roasted tomatillo
1. Roast the tomatillos
2. Boil the 3 cups of water. Remove from heat. Place the chiles in the boiling water and leave to soak for 15-20 minutes or until soft. If necessary, return the chiles to the heat until soft. Drain the chiles.
3. Place the chiles in a blender or food processor. Add the 1 cup of water and blend until the mixture is smooth and doesn't need straining.
4. Grind the garlic, onion and salt into a paste, in a molcajete, or a mortar and pestle, or in a separate blender.
5. Place the paste into a food processor or blender. Add the tomatillos and grind until the mixture is coarsely pureed. Add the blended chiles and mix well. Season to taste with salt and set aside.