Garlic and tomato chicken
- chicken leg quarters
- dried oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- dried red chili (optional)
- red onion, sliced
- fresh tomatoes, sliced
- green olives
- fresh basil and parsley
1) season chicken leg quarters with oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Add a bay leaf and coat with olive oil. Add at least a T of chopped garlic and massage chicken. marinate for at least 2 hours
2) brown chicken in hot pan over medium heat, adding any marinade in bowl. (about 5 minutes) optional at this point to add a little dried red chili.
3) add sliced red onion, cover with lid for 5 minutes.
4)add sliced fresh tomatoes and cover. may need to add a splash of water if tomatoes are not juicy enough. stir. lower heat to a simmer and cover again.
5) toss in green olives, fresh basil and parsley