You'll Never Believe How We Make Perfect Bacon
The best way to make perfect crisp and tender bacon without getting all burnt, dry and crumbly. The addition of water keeps the temperature lower so the bacon slices keep their moisture and stays tender. I've been making my bacon this way ever since I discovered this recipe. I used to cook bacon with my Sous Vide cooker but waiting 24 hours is not always ideal. This is just as good and much quicker!
- 1 pound sliced bacon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from cooksillustrated.com
Place the bacon (in strips or cut into pieces) and just enough water to cover it in a skillet over high heat. When the water reaches a boil, lower the heat to medium. Once all of the water has simmered away, turn down the heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the bacon is crisp and well browned. This way, the meat plumps up as it cooks instead of shriveling, leaving the bacon pleasantly crisp, not tough or brittle.
While we certainly enjoy eating bacon simply on its own, we also love cooking with it as an ingredient.
You'll also love
- Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Panera Broccoli Soup 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- 3-ingredient Slow Cooker Apple... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes in Muffin Pan 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spinach Quiche 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken & Rice 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Rigatoni with Meat Sauce - Instant... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Sweet & Sour Pork 4.4/5 (16 Votes)