Cinnamon Sweet Potato Quesadilla
- TO GARNISH:
- CINNAMON SWEET POTATO QUESADILLA
- 1 medium sweet potato (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- 1 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 orange (zested)
- 4 burrito-sized tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Prick sweet potato with prongs of fork, wrap in foil and place in the oven to cook until tender, about 45-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Remove the flesh from the skin and discard the skin. Add the melted butter and mash to combine. Season with salt.
In a medium bowl add the cream cheese, cinnamon, brown sugar, and orange zest and mix to combine.
Spread two tortillas with cream cheese and spread the other two with sweet potato. Sandwich one of each tortilla together.
Meanwhile, heat a large cast iron skillet or non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Brush the outside of each quesadilla with vegetable oil and sprinkle with salt. Place the first quesadilla in the pan and allow to lightly brown. Flip and allow to lightly brown on the other side, about 2 minutes per side. Repeat with the second quesadilla.
Remove from pan and garnish with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tip: 1. Make the quesadillas 1-2 hours in advance and keep warm in a 200ºF oven.
2. Microwave the sweet potato instead of cooking in the oven.