RASPBERRY FREEZER JAM
You can use this for Blackberry, Blueberry, or Raspberry
- 3 cups crushed berries (about 2 1/4 lbs or 6ea 6 oz. containers)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice (use only with blueberry)
- 5 1/4 cups sugar
1. Combine prepared fruit with lemon juice (as specified in recipe in a large bowl. Add sugar, mixing thoroughly. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine 3/4 cup water and Ball Original Fruit Pectin in small sause pan. Bring to a rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, continuing to stir.
3. Add cooked pectin mixture to fruit mixture. Stir for 3 minutes.
4. Ladle freezer jam into clean Ball Freezer jars leaving 1/2 inch head space. Apply caps and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to a year. When freezing we recommend straight-sided jars to allow for expansion.
NOTE: 4 Tablespoons of of Ball Pectin = 1 Box