- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary OR: 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth mixed with 1 cup water
Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2 Mix together garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, grated lemon rind, salt, pepper, dried thyme, lemon juice and half the oil in a small bowl. Using your hands, rub the seasoning mixture over the top and sides of pork.
3 Spoon remaining olive oil into flame-proof roasting pan; spread evenly over bottom of pan. Place pork in pan.
4 Roast pork in 450 degrees F oven for 30 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Roast for 30 minutes or until instant-read meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160 degrees F. Remove pork from pan to cutting board. Let rest 15 minutes.
5 Gravy: Pour off all but 2 tablespoons fat from roasting pan. Sprinkle flour evenly over drippings in pan. Place pan over medium-high heat; cook for 1 minute, scrapping up browned bits from bottom of pan. Stir in broth mixture; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Strain gravy through fine-mesh sieve. Pour into a sauceboat and serve with sliced pork.