- 2 cups water
- 4 dried morita chiles
- 2 oz white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tomatillos (1/2 oz)
- 1 lb roasted ripe tomatoes
1. Roast the tomatoes and tomatillos.
2. Heat the water over a medium heat. When it comes to the boil, add the chiles. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Remove from the heat, drain and set aside.
3. In a molcajete, or blender/food processor, grind the onion, garlic and cilantro into a paste.
4. Add the tomatoes and tomatillos and grind until the mixture is coarsely pureed. Season to taste with salt and set aside.