Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Harissa and Lemon Relish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons harissa
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, halved lengthwise
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, rind included, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, tender leaves and stems, finely chopped
- 1/2 small shallot, peeled and finely chopped
Adapted from cooking.nytimes.com
Heat oven to 450 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine honey, harissa and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix in with brussels sprouts on a rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and roast, tossing occasionally until sprouts are tender and lightly charred around the edges, about 13 to 18 minutes.
While sprouts cook, combine lemon, parsley, shallot and remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Top roasted brussels sprouts with lemon relish before serving.
Readers Notes: Cook 10-12 minutes then broil for 1-2.
To reconstitute paste from harissa powder, use ~1 Tbs olive oil per Tbs powder, and add 1 tsp or so lemon juice (this is just recipe we had on package of dried harissa powder, which is ground red peppers and spices).