Homemade Beer Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 12 ounces lager (or beer of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
Adapted from tastingtable.com
Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease an 8½-by-4½ loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar to combine.
3. Pour in the beer and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and top with the butter.
4. Bake the bread until golden brown and firm, about 1 hour. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then allow it to cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.